Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Gavin Spotlight!

Gavin has been on one lately.  He has been making wise cracks or saying some real sweet things lately.   
I will start with the dentists office last week.  Gavin and Reagan were due in.  This was Gav's first visit ever.  I was sure it would be a huge dilemma remembering how Reagan was.  She was hysterical.  He was so opposite of that.  We walked back to get started.  Reagan was first to get x-rays on the big circular x-rayer.  Well Gav thought that was totally cool so we got that done fast and he loved it.  The dental hygenist came in and brushed flossed and polished did the flouride to Gav and there was not a word said by him.  He just layed there and watched his cartoons on the ceiling.  Reagans turn comes and as soon as the doc came in (Reag and Gav were laying on the chair together.) she jumped up and rushed to my side.  I thought you have got to be kidding me she has not been in for a while and has turned 5 so I guess I just assumed she wouldn't be a sissy about it, but I am probably the biggest sissy there is when it comes to the dentist, so I guess I have passed that on to her.  She let him look in her mouth for a second and that was it.  He left she got back on the chair and let the hygenist clean and polish and... you know anyways Gav got restless, jumped off the chair turned around and put his arm on Reagan's arm then said to her "It's okay, Weagan, I will be wight here." I seriously about cried.  He wanted to protect her.  They do love each other.  
(I usually have pics of there firsts but Ry had the camera on his hunt so not his time, darn it)

Next Ry and I were asked to help out in nursery this last sunday.  Gav is in there and has no problem slamming the door in our faces when we walk there each week.  I have been lucky with no cry babies in nursery.  Anyways, he realized that I was sticking around for a long time.  When it came time for singing, he turned to me and said "mom det out of here, I be fine, we having singing time now." The other leaders and I just laughed.  It was so funny.  

Last Gav moment for now.  We were walking down the street the other day taking Ry some things.  Payton was in the stroller and the two older kids we right in front of it.  I kept saying please move to the side so I don't knock you down, when out of no where Gav gets in front again and I got his heels.  He scooted over to the side as he said "hey, watch where your going man."  I just laughed out loud all by myself.   I have needed laughter lately so it has been good timing on his part.  

1 comment:

The Mann Clann said...

Hey! Wassom family. I'm so glad you found us! I've wondered how you were. What a sweet family and cute kids! Are you still in Cache Valley? It will be great to watch your family grow!